Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Sterling Group is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will report to the VP, Management Company Accounting and will assist with the accounting and financial reporting functions for The Sterling Group.
We are a small group of highly motivated professionals dedicated to creating exceptional companies and being the best in class. If you are looking for a dynamic, growing firm where you can use your talents, we would love to hear from you! As part of a small team, you will work closely with upper management in an active role to drive improvements and maintain integrity of our processes and procedures. This role is a great opportunity for the right person looking to advance their career and work with a growing private equity firm.
Assist in the production of TSG’s firm-wide financial reporting, including but not limited to the annual budget, monthly forecast, and quarterly business reviews for distribution to executive management and ownership
Continuous improvement of processes and procedures, including internal controls, to ensure accounting record integrity, reliability, and asset preservation
Maintain the books and records, including journal entries, intercompany adjustments, transfers, and reconciliations for multiple entities
Perform month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet/income statement reconciliations
Assist with treasury functions, including cash management and reconciliations for over 150 accounts
Prepare ad-hoc financial analyses and assignments as requested
Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting from an accredited university
Minimum cumulative GPA 3.5
Strong Excel skills (e.g., PivotTables, VLookup, etc.)
Highest degree of personal integrity, judgment, and professional ethics
Tech savvy and able to enhance use of systems
Must be efficient and confident working within multiple accounting applications, general ledgers, and financial operations / reporting systems
Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of the team to proactively identify and resolve issues
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, organized and methodical
Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, and constant change in a deadline driven environment
Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills