Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Sterling Group is seeking a detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to join our team. The Accounting Specialist will support our firm’s growth by owning the accounts payable process, accurately processing a high volume of complex invoices. The Accounting Specialist will work closely with the VP, Management Company Accounting and Tax Manager to provide accounting support to the general ledger accounting, tax compliance, and account reconciliation processes.
We are a small group of highly motivated professionals dedicated to creating exceptional companies and being the best in class. If you are looking for a dynamic, growing firm where you can use your talents, we would love to hear from you!
Enter detailed data accurately into general ledger system, ensure coding is correct and necessary approvals are obtained
Perform all aspects of accounts payable including data entry of invoices, payment processing (check and wire preparation), vendor setup and maintenance
Allocate expenses across multiple entities (50+) and expense categories
Respond to vendor inquiries
Reconcile and resolve discrepancies
Assist with accounts receivable and invoicing functions
Update and maintain fixed asset schedule
Review and process monthly employee expense reports within Concur
Assist in managing the firm’s state and local tax compliance
Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting or related field
4+ years of relevant AP / AR accounting experience strongly preferred
Experience with accounting software (Sage Intacct preferred) and Accounts Payable processin
Experience in investment companies/private equity a plus
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, organized and methodical