Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Analyst will work directly with a talented, dedicated staff of senior professionals who will provide broad exposure to the many different considerations in Private Equity investments.
This role will primarily be responsible for supporting investment opportunity assessment, financial statement analysis and financial modeling for potential transactions. In addition, the Analyst will assist in the execution of transactions through interaction with our investment professionals, financing sources, attorneys, accountants, consultants, etc. Developing general corporate finance and valuation skills, as well as interacting with broad ranges of businesses in the industrial mid-market.
Our program is designed to give intellectually curious and self-motivated Analysts a well-rounded apprenticeship at a successful middle market private equity firm.
Qualifications include an undergraduate degree from a top-tier university, top academic performer and a quick learner capable of performing in an unstructured and fast paced environment.
The primary skills needed to be successful in this position are:
Analytical skills including:
-The ability to understand a company’s business, competitive position and the market in which it competes.
-The ability to analyze and thoroughly understand financial statements.
-The ability to model, synthesize and analyze data using Excel.
Communication skills including:
-The ability to quickly summarize the merits of a potential transaction in both written and verbal form.
-The ability to interact with management teams, financing sources and service providers to analyze and execute transactions.
Coordination skills including:
-Taking responsibility for the administrative details of a transaction.
-The ability to effectively monitor and execute multiple assignments simultaneously.
Analyst Career Path, direct promotions to associate level positions are also available.