Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Headquartered in Batesville, Arkansas, Bad Boy Mowers is a manufacturer of high performance “zero-turn” radius (ZTR) residential and commercial lawn mowers, selling to dealers and retailers. As the fastest growing ZTR mower manufacturer, Bad Boy built its first ZTR mower in 2002 and has since expanded to sell its mowers in over 45 U.S. states, approximately 800 independent dealers and more than 1,800 retail locations. As tough as our mowers are, they are no match for the people that design, build, bring to market and sell them as a part of the Bad Boy Mower family.
This role will drive strategic initiatives related to Brand Development and will be at the forefront of growth for Bad Boy. Formulate strategy to accelerate commercialization of new products and drive demand, including key growth strategies through external partnerships.
This individual must be dynamic and innovative, and one who deploys an energetic day-to-day “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive brand development initiatives that support the development of long-term
growth plans and profitability goals.
• Focus on brand management and product line extensions by developing and
executing on new product roadmap
• Analyze and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities,
including competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, joint venture
• Critical Analysis of potential new brand opportunities (make or buy decisions).
• Define strategic context: growth drivers, macro trends, customer dynamics,
competitive environment, technology trends, etc. On an ongoing basis monitor,
track, interpret, and share industry, competitive and innovation trends.
• Participate in formulation of the commercial strategy, product/service strategy for
new product launch
• Work collaboratively with leadership from divisions and functions to identify
underlying challenges, dynamics, and opportunities to deliver new products
• Act as the Project Manager for new product launch and manage execution of the
project from start to finish
• Provides post product launch analysis to senior management to evaluate the
success of recent launches and to help design potential improvements for the
future. Reviews independent sales force and industry feedback. Makes
recommendations that affect future product launches.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience, in brand development
• 10 years of broad-based experience within a corporate or consulting setting, driving and execution projects related to branding and product launch
• Proven track record of effectively leading brand development initiatives
• Proven project management experience
• Experience translating market opportunities to actionable strategies
• Strong leadership and management experience.
• Previous experience within Sales, Business Development, Marketing or Product Management
• Experience in the outdoor power equipment market, knowledge of rural retailers, and expertise in consumer licensing arrangements a plus
• Business partnering and strategic influence.
• Executive presence: Ability to engage, influence and inspire at all levels
• Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
• Comfortable working in ambiguity with attention to detail