Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Through its operating companies, Frontline Road Safety, a national leader in the road safety industry, provides pavement marking services to public and private customers in a variety of end markets throughout the United States. Frontline’s services include the application of highway and street pavement markings, airfield marking and surface maintenance, parking lot striping, and traffic safety & products distribution. The highly acquisitive company has over 25 locations and employs over 750 individuals.
Reports to CFO with dotted line to CEO
Location: Denver, CO
The Director of Information Technology will partner with the leadership team to lead the planning, development and execution of the technology strategy and roadmap as part of a transformation journey. The position will own and direct the delivery of strategic technology initiatives as well as lead ongoing day to day technology operations, including driving of operational improvement opportunities and risk mitigations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership on how technology can be leveraged in support of business goals and strategies with emphasis on Business Systems, Financial Consolidation and Enterprise Business Intelligence.
- Lead enhancement of Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) integration to enable greater efficiency and value from business operations.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team, including periodic updates to executive leadership team and Board members.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning by prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems.
- Enhance, document and communicate the current IT organizational structure, staffing, roles and responsibilities to better support the needs of the business.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementation and support of core IT operations.
- Conceptualize strategic IT initiatives and oversee all IT projects from concept to execution and ongoing support.
- Ensure scalability, uptime and performance of key IT and business systems to support business operations as well as continuous growth.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services in line with end users’ service level expectations.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Responsible for execution of all technology projects in a Project Management Role.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets in partnership with the Finance
- Manage the relationships with (and between) external parties and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
Acquisition Integration Management
- Lead IT aspects of acquisition due diligence, integration planning, execution and ongoing support.
- Develop an IT organizational, operating and service delivery model that facilitates rapid integrations of new acquisitions. Create reusable assets for repeatable M&A operations.
- Develop and oversee implementation of an IT integration playbook.
- Co-lead unification and streamlining of business processes across the company’s various entities.
Cyber and Data Protection
- Develop and maintain a cyber security program, ensuring proactive measures are in place inclusive of hardware/software hardening, policies and procedures, training.
- Ownership of a data backup and recovery program.
- Develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the Foundation in the event of major incidents or disasters.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 plus years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Experience working in the construction services industry, with cross-functional understanding of industry specific business processes
- Experience multi-site/ branch based businesses
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Experience working with Private Equity owned Portfolio Companies preferred
- Relevant and demonstrable experience with project management and process improvement, including delivering IT initiatives on-time, on-budget
- Track record of partnering with business stakeholders on business transformation initiatives (e.g. changes in business model, sales & marketing transformation)
- Demonstrable experience with Business Intelligence / Data Analytics.
- Executive presence, including excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to assemble high-performing teams and create collaborative work environments
- Strong negotiations and vendor management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional service orientation