Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Director of Talent – Fencing Supply Group
Founded in 2021, Fencing Supply Group (FSG) is a group of industry-leading fencing distributors. FSG is the largest wholesale distributor of fencing supplies in the United States. FSG businesses serve professional fencing contractors who provide new, improvement, and repair fencing services across residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure end markets. The FSG model combines local relationships, service, and expertise with national scale and resources to benefit customers, employees, and suppliers. Current FSG companies include Binford Supply, Cedar Supply, Fence Supply Inc, Merchants Metals, and Pro Access Systems, which collectively operate 53 branches across 29 states.
We anticipate further growth in the years ahead driven by the organic growth of our existing operations and further M&A. FSG is a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, a Houston-based private equity firm. Since 1982, The Sterling Group has been partnering with management teams to grow and build winning businesses in the industrial sector.
Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, serve in a professional capacity to design, develop, implement, and lead talent acquisition, leadership development and training for the Fencing Supply Group and its acquired companies. This position is a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team and will have direct reports.
- -Develop a talent acquisition solution for FSG and ensure staffing needs are met across the organization by creating sourcing strategies for each position.
- -Own the full cycle recruiting process and lead a team of internal recruiters who actively and passively recruit, screen, process, and onboard talented candidates.
- -Implement the Paylocity applicant tracking system and maximize its value in the talent acquisition process.
- -Analyze recruiting metrics and strategies, and lead changes as necessary, to create a more streamlined and efficient hiring process, reduce overall time to fill, and improve qualify of hire.
- -Continuously explore alternative staffing, sourcing, and selection techniques to align with industry best practices.
- -Build and maintain vendor relationships with 3rd party recruiters and strategic recruiting technology vendors as needed.
- -Serve as project lead for recruitment-related initiatives, as assigned.
Leadership Development & Training
- -Develop and implement solutions for non-product training for FSG, including in person and virtual content.
- -Implement the Paylocity Learning Management System as a vehicle for delivering online training and tracking training completion. Source appropriate online training content for the LMS.
- -Partner with the operations, compliance and safety organizations to deliver effective and timely training.
- -Create and implement development programs to improve the skills of existing leaders
- -Develop and implement a program to recruit and develop the next generation of FSG leaders.
- -Working with other HR and business leaders, develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs to reduce turnover and improve retention.
- -Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, management, leadership, coaching or related discipline.
- -5+ years talent acquisition/recruiting experience
- -3+ years of experience leading a talent function or team
- -Demonstrated experience with leadership development and training solutions.
- -HR Generalist experience and experience in industrial distribution or manufacturing environments a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- -Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and changing organization and manage through complexity.
- -High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to create effective process as needed.
- -High sense of urgency
- -Proven ability to work cross-functionally and influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- -Strong analytical skills; proven creative problem solver
- -Enjoys being a part of a team and can lead both directly and by influence.
- -Strong passion and energy for growth and success of both the individual and the company.
- -Must foster an environment that is solution-focused, dedicated, and compassionate to support the organization’s mission, values, and strategic direction.
- -Must exhibit a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing diverse perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.