Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
HR Director, Human Resources
Chief Executive Officer
Headquartered in Batesville, Arkansas, Bad Boy Mowers is a manufacturer of high-performance “zero-turn” radius (ZTR) residential and commercial lawn mowers, selling to dealers and retailers. As the fastest growing ZTR mower manufacturer, Bad Boy built its first ZTR mower in 2002 and has since expanded to sell its mowers in over 45 U.S. states, approximately 800 independent dealers and more than 1,800 retail locations. As tough as our mowers are, they are no match for the people that design, build, bring to market and sell them as a part of the Bad Boy Mower family.
We are currently seeking a Director of Human Resources. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing HR strategy and initiatives around employee relations, communication, recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll and compliance. This is a highly visible, high impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization. Must be someone willing and able to directly engage in tactical execution while simultaneously leading teams to their goals.
This leader will drive a culture of continuous improvement and support that culture for the manufacturing operations, providing assistance and direction as required to improve effectiveness and overall performance.
This individual must be personable, dynamic and innovative, and one who deploys an energetic day-to-day “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive talent strategy that is closely aligned and strongly integrated with the business strategy, ensuring that the company is making the right talent decisions to deliver the ambitions of the organization today and tomorrow.
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and to create an environment which is clear on performance management.
- Build organizational capability through the development and implementation of programs designed to create and build a culture of stellar leaders aimed at achieving an end result of excellence in employee effectiveness and engagement.
- Utilize business and financial acumen to drive operational excellence by combining progressive and innovative ideas with HR best practices to support achievement of the company’s strategic vision and goals.
- Providing HR support and execute on the day to day HR operations needed supporting employees and managers.
- Drive continuous improvement of HR processes, analyzing new opportunities technology across the organization to improve business processes
- Define, lead and execute on the communication plan and cadence for the entire organization
- Lead and execute a series of HR programs such as Benefits, Compensation, Onboarding, Talent Acquisition, Succession Plan, Performance Management …
Qualifications and Experience
- A track record of success working and influencing a fast-paced entrepreneurial organization
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, medium sized business setting. ($200M revenue +).
- HR experience in a best practice HR function combined with experience at mid size company, so he or she has experience being creative and scrappy in a growing, dynamic company
- Strengths in talent acquisition/development, ability to set the strategy, as well as the ability to recruit directly
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years related human resources generalist and leadership experience
- Experience partnering with operations in a manufacturing environment as a HR Business Partner
- Background directing benefits administration, compensation practices and employee relations.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Excellent knowledge of culture, HR best practices and industry standards
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted adviser to executive team members and a safe space for team needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High drive for results and discipline in execution
- Creativity: love to solve problems large and small.