Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Frontline provides pavement marking services to a variety of end markets and customers and is comprised of best-in-class regional operators, each of whom are recognized as the leader in their geography and field. The Frontline corporate team is focused on sharing best practices across the businesses with today over 12 locations across the US and growing through organic growth and further acquisitions into the leading platform for road safety solutions with best-in-class local execution capabilities.
We are currently seeking a Director of Human Resources. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing HR strategy and initiatives around employee relations, communication, recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll and compliance. This is a highly visible, high impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization. Must be someone willing and able to directly engage in tactical execution while simultaneously leading teams to their goals.
This leader will drive a culture of continuous improvement and support that culture for the operations, providing assistance and direction as required to improve effectiveness and overall performance.
This individual must be personable, dynamic and innovative, and one who deploys an energetic day-to-day “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive talent strategy that is closely aligned and strongly integrated with the business strategy, ensuring that the company is making the right talent decisions to deliver the ambitions of the organization today and tomorrow.
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and to create an environment which is clear on performance management.
- Build organizational capability through the development and implementation of programs designed to create and build a culture of stellar leaders aimed at achieving an end result of excellence in employee effectiveness and engagement.
- Utilize business and financial acumen to drive operational excellence by combining progressive and innovative ideas with HR best practices to support achievement of the company’s strategic vision and goals.
- Providing HR support and execute on the day to day HR operations needed supporting employees and managers.
- Drive continuous improvement of HR processes, analyzing new opportunities technology across the organization to improve business processes
- Define, lead and execute on the communication plan and cadence for the entire organization
- Lead and execute a series of HR programs such as Benefits, Compensation, Onboarding, Talent Acquisition, Succession Plan, Performance Management …
Qualifications and Experience
- A track record of success working and influencing a fast-paced entrepreneurial organization
- Experience in an industrial environment, medium sized business setting. ($200M revenue +)
- Experience with a distributed workforce across many locations
- Experience with unions an asset
- HR experience in a best practice HR function combined with experience at mid size company, so he or she has experience being creative and scrappy in a growing, dynamic company
- Strengths in talent acquisition/development, ability to set the strategy, as well as the ability to recruit directly
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years related human resources generalist and leadership experience
- Background directing benefits administration, compensation practices and employee relations.
- Travel will be required for this role.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Excellent knowledge of culture, HR best practices and industry standards
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members and a safe space for team needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High drive for results and discipline in execution
- Creativity: love to solve problems large and small.