Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Sterling Group is seeking a undergraduate student intern projected to graduate in 2025 to join our team of investment professionals for summer 2024. Must be available for 10 weeks from June to August.
The Analyst Intern will work directly with a talented, dedicated staff of senior professionals who will provide broad exposure to the many different considerations in Private Equity investments.
This role will primarily be responsible for supporting investment opportunity assessment, financial statement analysis and financial modeling for potential transactions. In addition, the Analyst Intern will assist in the execution of transactions through interaction with our investment professionals, financing sources, attorneys, accountants, consultants, etc. Developing general corporate finance and valuation skills, as well as interacting with broad ranges of businesses in the industrial mid-market.
Our program is designed to give intellectually curious and self-motivated Analysts a well-rounded internship at a successful middle market private equity firm.
Qualifications include being enrolled in a top-tier university pursuing a bachelor’s degree projected to graduate in 2025, top academic performer and a quick learner capable of performing in an unstructured and fast paced environment.
The primary skills needed to be successful in this position are:
Analytical skills including:
The ability to understand a company’s business, competitive position and the market in which it competes. The ability to analyze and thoroughly understand financial statements.
The ability to model, synthesize and analyze data using Excel.
Communication skills including:
The ability to quickly summarize the merits of a potential transaction in both written and verbal form.
The ability to interact with management teams, financing sources and service providers to analyze and execute transactions.
Coordination skills including:
Taking responsibility for the administrative details of a transaction.