Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Sterling Group is seeking a 1st year MBA Intern to join our team of investment professionals for summer 2022. This program is open to students currently working towards an MBA who have undertaken their first year of study. Must be available for 10 weeks from June to August.
Investment Professional Summer Internship – About the Program
-The intern is given all the opportunities and responsibilities of a full time employee. Over the 10 week program you will be given the opportunity to work with and learn from very talented professionals. Work with our companies, screen new investment opportunities and participate in due diligence efforts.
-The intern will take part in a firm-wide orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of The Sterling Group. You will learn about the Sterling investment lifecycle including investment thesis development, deal evaluation, diligence, transaction execution, strategy development, key value creation initiatives, and exit preparation and execution.
-As part of our continuous improvement culture, the intern will receive on-going feedback, as well as a complete review at the end of the 10 weeks program.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications
Primary job responsibilities will include:
-Screen new investment opportunities and support due diligence efforts
-Evaluate new transactions and support deal team execution
-Collaborate closely with in-house functions such as Human Capital, Sourcing, Strategy, Operations, etc.
-Directly engage with negotiating acquisitions and financing documentation
-Actively lead internal initiatives and portfolio company improvement efforts
-Participate in monthly operational review meetings and quarterly board meetings
-MBA student in between first and second year of MBA from a top tier university
-Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, and/or operational experience at a premier industrial company
-Experience in manufacturing, distribution, and/or industrial markets
-Interest in continuous improvement on both personal and company levels
-Passion for improving and growing industrial businesses
-Military or other significant leadership experiences are valued