Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
The Sterling Group is seeking a detail oriented and self-motivated Senior Accountant to join our team! The Senior Accountant will report to the Management Company Controller and the VP, Fund Accounting and will assist with the accounting and financial reporting functions for The Sterling Group.
We are a small group of highly motivated professionals dedicated to creating exceptional companies and being the best in class. If you are looking for a dynamic, growing firm where you can use your talents, we would love to hear from you! As part of a small team you will work closely with upper management in an active role to drive improvements and maintain integrity of our processes and procedures. This role is a great opportunity for the right person looking to advance their career and work with a growing private equity firm.
- Maintain the books and records, including journal entries, intercompany adjustments, transfers and reconciliations for multiple entities
- Perform month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet/income statement reconciliations
- Assist in managing the firm’s international, federal, state, and local tax compliance
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures, including internal controls to ensure accounting record integrity, reliability, and asset preservation
- Ad-hoc analyses and assignments
- Coordinate assimilation of the quarterly reporting package to our investors
- Maintain the integrity of the iLevel database, used to track key performance and investment metrics at the investment and portfolio levels
- Analyze weekly and monthly portfolio company reporting packages and ensure that all financial information is received on a timely basis and entered into iLevel accurately
- Assist in the production of TSG’s firm-wide financial reporting
- Support both Finance and Accounting on process improvement projects and standardization
- Manage the PMO updates and reporting
- Document progress in tracking tools for review with PMO
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.5
- 2+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience combined with 1+ years in an accounting role at a private or public company
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong Excel skills (e.g., PivotTables, VLookup, etc.)
- Highest degree of personal integrity, judgment and professional ethics
- Tech savvy and able to enhance use of systems
- Must be efficient and confident working within multiple accounting applications, general ledgers and financial operations / reporting systems
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of the team to proactively identify and resolve issues
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, organized and methodical
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, and constant change in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills