Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
About the job
We are seeking to hire a hands-on Project Management Office (PMO) Leader to contribute to FSG’s strategic goals by leading and setting direction for the PMO that results in strong execution and value delivery of approved projects. This position will be working in close collaboration with FSG’s executive team and report directly to the CEO.
Founded in 2021, Fencing Supply Group (FSG) is a group of industry-leading fencing distributors. FSG is the largest wholesale distributor of fencing supplies in the United States. FSG businesses serve professional fencing contractors who provide new, improvement, and repair fencing services across residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure end markets. The FSG model combines local relationships, service, and expertise with national scale and resources to benefit customers, employees, and suppliers. Current FSG companies include Binford Supply, Cedar Supply, Fence Supply Inc, Merchants Metals, and Pro Access Systems, which collectively operate 53 branches across 29 states.
We anticipate further growth in the years ahead driven by the organic growth of our existing operations and further M&A. FSG is a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, a Houston-based private equity firm. Since 1982, The Sterling Group has been partnering with management teams to grow and build winning businesses in the industrial sector.
The PMO Leader will be responsible for delivering certain critical outcomes, including:
- Serve as a liaison between FSG functions, departments, and business units and between the company and the Sterling Group to ensure effective project communication, coordination, prioritization and resourcing.
- Build the PMO Infrastructure that supports the Strategic Plan
- Track initiative implementation and KPIs to deliver accurate reporting and awareness
- Orchestrate and facilitate reviews and meetings to drive the organization in making decisions on project priority, approval, denial, suspension and removal
- Provide problem-solving and process support to Project Managers/Delivery Leads/Project Sponsors for successful execution
- Coordinate the overall value creation program and ensure communication across functions / business units
The successful candidate must have the following experiences and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in the field of finance, accounting, business management, operations, or related field. MBA a plus
- 6-8 years of PMO leadership related experience or consulting role, working on diverse industry and business projects. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within industrial environments
- Strong detail orientation. Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and PM tools.
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Experience managing project resources, budgets, deadlines and external- and internal-facing deliverables
- Proven ability to perform and utilize data analytics and develop reporting tools
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to find creative ways to influence others to accomplish objectives in a timely manner
- Must be able to work in cross functional teams to provide the best solution
- Outstanding collaboration and team building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic, organization, and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills at the senior leader level