Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Why Choose a Career with Sterling?
Sterling is led by a team of Partners with a long history of working together at the firm. Six out of seven of Sterling’s current Partners began their careers with Sterling as an Associate or a Vice President (the seventh joined from a portfolio company). Our team has been uniquely stable and consistent, having never lost a Partner other than to retirement or family commitments.
Sterling’s core values are Partnership, Passion and Discipline. We are passionate about building winning businesses to deliver superior returns for our investors and employees. We are disciplined in sourcing and evaluating the right opportunities with a process-oriented approach to everything we do.
We believe a diverse set of skills from people with a variety of backgrounds results in better business outcomes. We are committed to having a well-rounded, balanced, and inclusive team.
We're interested in hearing from great talent.
Search for your next opportunity
Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, serve in a professional capacity to design, develop, implement, and lead talent acquisition, leadership development and training for the Fencing Supply Group and its acquired companies. This position is a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team and will have direct reports.Apply Now
Working with the deal teams, portfolio company executives and third party consultants, this role will be responsible for supporting the portfolio companies in the identification and execution of 3 to 4 major Operations projects at any given time.Apply Now
We are seeking to hire a hands-on Project Management Office (PMO) Leader to contribute to FSG’s strategic goals by leading and setting direction for the PMO that results in strong execution and value delivery of approved projects. This position will be working in close collaboration with FSG’s executive team and report directly to the CEO.Apply Now
The Director of Information Technology will partner with the leadership team to lead the planning, development and execution of the technology strategy and roadmap as part of a transformation journey.Apply Now
Fencing Supply Group (FSG) was formed in 2021, through the combined acquisition of two leading independent fencing distribution companies – Merchants Metals and Binford Supply. This role will be responsible for developing and executing the procurement and category management strategies for FSG.Apply Now