Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Why Choose a Career with Sterling?
Sterling is led by a team of Partners with a long history of working together at the firm. Six out of seven of Sterling’s current Partners began their careers with Sterling as an Associate or a Vice President (the seventh joined from a portfolio company). Our team has been uniquely stable and consistent, having never lost a Partner other than to retirement or family commitments.
Sterling’s core values are Partnership, Passion and Discipline. We are passionate about building winning businesses to deliver superior returns for our investors and employees. We are disciplined in sourcing and evaluating the right opportunities with a process-oriented approach to everything we do.
We believe a diverse set of skills from people with a variety of backgrounds results in better business outcomes. We are committed to having a well-rounded, balanced, and inclusive team.
We're interested in hearing from great talent.
Search for your next opportunity
The Investor Relations Associate will report to the Managing Director of Investor Relations and will work closely with the CFO and firm’s Partners on the firm’s fundraising and general investor relations activities. The position will enable the successful candidate to participate in all aspects of institutional fundraising, gaining the training and experience needed to continue pursuing a long term career in Investor Relations.Apply Now
This role will drive strategic initiatives related to Brand Development and will be at the forefront of growth for Bad Boy. Formulate strategy to accelerate commercialization of new products and drive demand, including key growth strategies through external partnerships.Apply Now
Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, serve in a professional capacity to design, develop, implement, and lead talent acquisition, leadership development and training for the Fencing Supply Group and its acquired companies. This position is a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team and will have direct reports.Apply Now
Working with the deal teams, portfolio company executives and third party consultants, this role will be responsible for supporting the portfolio companies in the identification and execution of 3 to 4 major Operations projects at any given time.Apply Now