Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Why Choose a Career with Sterling?
Sterling is led by a team of Partners with a long history of working together at the firm. Six out of seven of Sterling’s current Partners began their careers with Sterling as an Associate or a Vice President (the seventh joined from a portfolio company). Our team has been uniquely stable and consistent, having never lost a Partner other than to retirement or family commitments.
Sterling’s core values are Partnership, Passion and Discipline. We are passionate about building winning businesses to deliver superior returns for our investors and employees. We are disciplined in sourcing and evaluating the right opportunities with a process-oriented approach to everything we do.
We believe a diverse set of skills from people with a variety of backgrounds results in better business outcomes. We are committed to having a well-rounded, balanced, and inclusive team.
We're interested in hearing from great talent.
Search for your next opportunity
Sterling uses a diversified approach to sourcing high-quality investment opportunities and has built a robust infrastructure to support these activities. This position will collaborate closely with the investment team across these initiatives.Apply Now
The Associate position will be primarily responsible for industry research, competitive analysis, financial statement analysis and financial modeling for potential transactions.Apply Now
The Analyst, Commercial Diligence and Strategy Intern will be responsible for supporting commercial diligence and strategy work, including evaluating: market growth, competitive landscape, supplier dynamics, etc. In addition, this role will support in theme development and exit preparation (for existing portfolio companies).Apply Now
The Analyst, Commercial Diligence and Strategy will be responsible for supporting commercial diligence and strategy work, including evaluating: market growth, competitive landscape, supplier dynamics, etc. In addition, this role will support in theme development and exit preparation (for existing portfolio companies).Apply Now