Who we are
Build winning companies to deliver superior returns to our investors.
Acquire good businesses and partner with management to drive fundamental improvement.
Our core competencies
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean, collaborative team, working directly with Partners and senior management
- Successful track record resulting in exciting growth
- 6 out of 7 current Partners started as associates or Vice Presidents at Sterling
- Resources Group, comprised of subject matter experts in Human Capital, Operations, Commercial, Strategy, Technology, and M&A, are members of deal teams and help drive improvements at portfolio companies
- Hands on investing model resulting in deep engagement with our portfolio companies
- We believe in long term partnership and collaboration
- Relentless, firm-wide commitment to continuous improvement
- We say "we" more than "I"
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about building winning businesses
Why Choose a Career with Sterling?
Sterling is led by a team of Partners with a long history of working together at the firm. Six out of seven of Sterling’s current Partners began their careers with Sterling as an Associate or a Vice President (the seventh joined from a portfolio company). Our team has been uniquely stable and consistent, having never lost a Partner other than to retirement or family commitments.
Sterling’s core values are Partnership, Passion and Discipline. We are passionate about building winning businesses to deliver superior returns for our investors and employees. We are disciplined in sourcing and evaluating the right opportunities with a process-oriented approach to everything we do.
We believe a diverse set of skills from people with a variety of backgrounds results in better business outcomes. We are committed to having a well-rounded, balanced, and inclusive team.
We're interested in hearing from great talent.
Search for your next opportunity
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing HR strategy and initiatives around employee relations, communication, recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll and compliance. This is a highly visible, high impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization. Must be someone willing and able to directly engage in tactical execution while simultaneously leading teams to their goals.Apply Now
The Sterling Group is seeking a detail oriented and self-motivated Senior Accountant to join our team! The Senior Accountant will report to the Management Company Controller and the VP, Fund Accounting and will assist with the accounting and financial reporting functions for The Sterling Group.Apply Now